GLORIA de Ostatu 2010
The oldest vineyard. Made from grapes from our oldest and beloved vineyard, "Revillas". Low production but high quality plot that makes possible a fleshy and concentrated wine, with a great aging potential. The tempranillo at its best.
Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego
Vineyard management: Gonzalo Sáenz de Samaniego
Region: D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa.
Vintage Classification: Excellent
Market release: November 2018
Vineyards and terrain:
The grapes come from our plot “Revillas”, at an altitude of 580 meters above sea level. Comnbination of poor calcareous/clay soil and stones, on a south facing slope. The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
- Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence.
- Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 524 litres.
- Ave.Temp: min. 7,2ºC, max 17,3ºC, average 12ºC.
- Days of rain: 113
- Ave. Humidity: 72,24%
- 100% Tempranillo
- Over 80 years old vineyard, Revillas.
- Plantation density: 3500 Vines/Hectare.
- Goblet pruning
- Production: 3.200 Kg. /Hectare
- Hand harvested in 15 Kg boxes, on 27th October.
- Vineyard grape selection, only the best grapes are taken to the winery.
- Light destemming process to avoid damaging the grapes.Pre-fermentation cold maceration.
- Alcoholic fermentation in small capacity vats for 18 days at a maximum temperature of 29ºC.
- Reworkings and breaking up the cap as appropriate during the fermentation.
- Malolactic fermentation in new French oak casks.
- Bottling date: 13th July 2012
- Alcohol:14,90 %
- Total Acidity: 4,05 gr/l
- Volatile Acidity:0,60 gr/l
- Total SO2: 20mg/l
Intense cherry colour with deep red reflections. Good fruit expression (cherries, greengage plums and ripen black fruit) accompanied by sweet spices and fine toasts. Subtle minerality, reminding its terroir. In the mouth it has a very good fruit complexity and acidity. Oily, direct, fresh but with a warm backgrownd. Balsamic notes of licorice. Honest in its depth with influence of the oak, leaving always the main character to the fruit.
- 4.102 bottles 75 cl.