LORE de Ostatu 2015
The coolest vineyard. Fermented in oak barrel and maturated on its lees for 6 months. Made with Viura and Malvasia from "Valcavada", a vineyard located inside the Protected Biotope of the Lagoons of Laguardia, facing north towards the Cantabria mountain range. A white wine with a perfect zonal and identity statement.
Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego
Vineyard management: Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego/ Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego
Region: D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa.
Vintage Classification: Very Good
Market release: Diciembre 2018
Vineyards and terrain:
The grapes come from a special vineyard, Valcabada, north faced, at an average altitude of 580m above sea level. This plot belongs to the protection area known as Biotop of “Lagunas de Laguardia”. Poor calcareous/clay soil, on north facing slopes. The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
- Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 684,1 litres.
- Ave. Temp.: min. 7,72°C/ máx.18,08°C/ media 12,50°C
- Average temperature of the soil: 12,99ºC
- 50% Viura, 50% Malvasia.
- Valcabada vineyard, 50 years old.
- Plantation density: 3.000 vines/hectare.
- Goblet pruning.
- Production: 6.300 Kg/hectare.
- Hand harvested in 15 Kg boxes, on 20th September 2015.
Destemmed and 8 hours low temperature maceration. The grape must ferments on the lees in 500 l oaks for 27 days at 16ºC. The wine is then kept in the cask until it is bottled. Natural cold stabilisation. Filtered only for tartaric stabilisation process.
- Alcohol: 13,81%
- Total Acidity: 6,30 gr/l
- Volatile Acidity:0,43 gr/l
- Total SO2: 120mg/l
- Production: 4.800 bottles (75 cl)