Ostatu Crianza 2016
Perfect balance and renewal. A crianza with body and character that is made from Tempranillo, Graciano, Mazuelo and Garnacha grapes which came from
Vineyards of 35 years old. A faithful reflection of the spicy character of the tempranillo in Samaniego.
Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego
Vineyard management: Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego/ Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego
Region: D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa.
Vintage Classification: Very good
Vineyards and terrain:
The grapes come from our vineyards located in Samaniego, at an average altitude of 580 m above the sea level. Poor calcareous/clay and stony soils, ochre coloured. The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
- Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence.
- Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 463,2 litres.
- Ave. Temp.: min 8,14°C / max 18,37°C / average 12,88 °C.
- Average temperature of the soil: 14,46ºC
- 90% Tempranillo, 10% Graciano, Mazuelo y Garnacha.
- Age of vines, between 25 and 50 years old.
- Plantation density: 3,000 vines/hectare. Goblet pruning.
- Production: 5,500 Kg/hectare.
- Hand harvested in 15 kg boxes, between 10th and 26th October.
- Pre-fermentation cold maceration. Alcoholic fermentation in small capacity vats for 18 days at a maximum temperature of 26°C.
- For this wine we use the whole grapes carbonic maceration and a part of destemmed grapes.
- Malolactic fermentation in stainless steel vats.
- 12 months cask ageing. This wine does not undergo any stabilisation process. It has a soft filtering process just before the bottling.
- Bottled on the 6th April 2018
- Alcohol: 14,71 %
- Total Acidity: 4,78 gr/l.
- Volatile Acidity:0,49 gr/l.
- Sulfurous: 46 mg/l
- 103.900 bottles (75 cl)
- 2.176 magnum (150 cl)
- 6.945 bottles (50 cl)