Ostatu Reserva 2013
Evolution aEvolution and distinction. Tempranillo from vineyards over 50 years old located on small slopes on the western side of Samaniego, rippened under the morning sun. A perfect balance between variety and its evolution, resulting in a fleshy and elegant wine.nd distinction. Tempranillo from vineyards over 50 years old located on small slopes on the western side of Samaniego, rippened under the morning sun. A perfect balance between variety and its evolution, resulting in a fleshy and elegant wine.
Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego
Vineyard management: Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego/ Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego
Region: D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa.
Vintage Classification: Good
Market release: December 2017
Vineyards and terrain:
The grapes come from some of our oldest vineyards located on small south facing slopes on the western side of Samaniego, over 600 m above the see level. Poor calcareous/clay and Stony soils. The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
- Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence.
- Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Ave. Temp of the soil: 13,9ºC
- Precipitation: 854,1 litres.
- Ave. Temp.: min 7,41°C / max 17,3 °C / average 12,04°C.
- 100% Tempranillo.
- Age of vines: Over 50 years old.
- Plantation density:3,000 vines/hectare.
- Goblet pruning.
- Production:5.000 Kg/hectare.
- Hand harvested in 15 Kg boxes, between 18th- 20th October
- Vineyard grape selection, only the best grapes are taken to the winery.
- Light destemming process to avoid damaging the grapes, without wringing out.
- Pre-fermentation cold maceration. Alcoholic fermentation in small capacity vats for 21 days at a maximum temperature of 28°C.
- Reworking and breaking up the cap as appropriate during the fermentation.
- Malolactic fermentation in new French oak casks. 16 months cask ageing.
- This wine does not undergo any stabilisation process.
- Bottled: April 2015.
- Alcohol 14,57 %
- Total Acidity 5,22 gr/l.
- Volatile Acidity 0.57 gr/l.
- SO2 Total 53mg/l
- 10.100 bottles (75cl)
- 300 magnum (150c