Ostatu Rosé 2018
New taste. A young rosé made from Tempranillo, Garnacha and Viura grapes which come from the highest parts of our vineyards, in the district of Samaniego. A special rosé that won’t leave you indifferent.
Wine-maker: Iñigo Sáenz de Samaniego
Vineyard management: Ernesto Sáenz de Samaniego
Region: D.O.C Rioja, Sub-zone Rioja Alavesa.
Vintage Classification: Very Good (provisional)
Market release: December 2018
Vineyards and terrain:
The grapes come from the highest vineyards, in the district of Samaniego, at an altitude of 600-650 m above sea level. Poor calcareous/clay soil, on south facing slopes. The subsoil is made up of various layers of white rock.
- Mediterranean climate with strong Atlantic influence. Extreme winter-summer contrast.
- Precipitation: 734,8 litres.
- Ave. Temp.: min 8°C / max 18,39°C / average 12,65°C.
- Winkler index: 1552,5ºC
- Rainy days: 149. Frozy mornings: 31
- Average temperature of the soil: 13,72ºC
- 70% Tempranillo, 27% Garnacha, 3% Viura
- Name of the vineyards:” La Paul”, “Valdepedro” and “Carrera”.
- Plantation density: 3,000 vines/hectare.
- Production: 6.800 Kg/hectare.
- Hand harvested and taken to the winery in small trailer loads on 8th and 11th October.
The grapes are destemmed and macerated just in the moment they arrive to the winery. The grape must ferment on the lees in stainless steel vats for 37 days at a temperature of 15-16°C. Softly filtered through diatomea. The wine is then kept in the vats until it is bottled.
- Alcohol 13,49%
- Total Acidity 6,44 gr/l
- PH 3,27
- Volatile Acidity 0,31 gr/l
- 39.370 bottles, 75cl
- 15 magnum 150cl